1) A new public device for the provision of supportive counselling to producers
The aim of supportive counselling is to improve the technical and economic management of family farm enterprises and develop the capacity of producer organizations to render services to their members.Expected results:
- The productivity and profitability of farms is improved,
- Producer organisations become economic operators.
Counsellors are recruited through internal competitive examination among public service employees (MINADER and MINEPIA). Most of them are extension workers. All of them are trained in connection with the programme.
2) Funding of projects presented by producer organisations
Investment subsidies (equipment, buildings, facilities) are granted to producers’ organisations to develop their production, procurement, processing and marketing activities, so as to generate income for the organization itself and its members.Expected results:
- development of production (storage, preservation, processing and marketing)
- mechanisation to improve productivity and reduce the drudgery,
- modernisation and development of production and processing units ,
- self-financing and integration of producer organisations into financial channels,
- job creation upstream and downstream of production.
3) Agro-pastoral professionalisation
The National Platform of Professional Agro-pastoral Organisations of Cameroon (PLANOPAC) and the Regional Centre for Agro-pastoral Professionalization (CRPA) receive financial support and technical assistance to improve their representation, service delivery, and management capacities. Officials of professional agro-pastoral organisations (PAOs) receive training (vision, strategy, planning, management).Expected results:
- PLANOPAC improves its institutional capacity of representation of producers,
- CRPA improves the quality of its services and financing capacity,
- PAO officials acquire skills to develop their organisations.